CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
22 March 2020
Due to the heightened Alert Level for COVID-19, we have decided to close the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre until further notice.
We trust that visitors will understand that this decision is taken with the best interests of the community in mind.
Hopefully it won’t be long before we will be welcoming visitors back to Omaka, but in the meantime be positive and keep yourselves safe and well.
Best wishes from the Omaka Team
COVID-19 Coronavirus Update:
19 March 2020
The Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre is mindful of the current situation regarding COVID-19 Coronavirus. We are following the advice of the Ministry of Health and are reviewing the situation regularly.
Please find following the steps we have taken to ensure both our guests’ and staffs’ health and safety:
• Maintaining our high standards of cleanliness by regularly sanitizing frequently touched items such as eftpos terminals, door handles and customer service areas.
• The removal of magazines and toys for public use.
• Hand sanitizer is freely available.
• Releasing prevention information to all employees, including reminders on hygiene and cough etiquette, staying home if sick, and avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu like symptoms.
• Posted signage on hygiene, cough etiquette and staying at home if feeling unwell at the Museum entrance and public areas including bathrooms.
We must ask that any guests who:
• shows symptoms (e.g. fever, coughing, difficulty breathing); or
• who may be at risk of any contagious illness; or
• who have been in close contact with someone exposed to Coronavirus; or
• have returned from overseas since 15 March,
to NOT visit until fully recovered or out of the recommended quarantine period.
Please follow our Facebook page for updates, and thank you in advance for your support.
All proceeds go towards the future development and expansion of the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre. For more information, phone (03) 579 1305 or email email@example.com